WhatsApp groups are a really well-liked feature for keeping connected with friends and family from round the world. However, so as for creating things easy WhatsApp earlier accustomed enable anyone to feature anyone to a WhatsApp group, as long as they'd the opposite person's contact number. This had led to the huge issue of random folks adding others to random WhatsApp groups. when loads of user feedback, WhatsApp determined to fix the matter by giving privacy settings to deter users from randomly adding others to WhatsApp groups. Recently, WhatsApp extended these group privacy settings to everybody.
This is how to enable Group Privacy Settings on your mobile.
- Open WhatsApp on your Android smartphone and tap the vertical three-dots icon on the top-right.
- Next, tap Settings > Account > Privacy.
- Now tap Groups and select one of the three given options — Everyone, My Contacts, or My Contacts Except.
- If you select Everyone, anyone can add you to groups.
- Selecting My Contacts only allows your contacts to add you to WhatsApp groups.
- Finally, the third option My Contacts Except lets you allow only selected people to add you to WhatsApp groups. You can either select contacts one by one or you can even select all contacts by tapping on the Select All icon on the top-right. These people will be prompted to send you the group invite through a private chat. You will then have three days to accept or deny the request for joining the group before it expires.